When I’m not watching Netflix and sewing, I’m listening to music!
I have a lot of different play lists I’ve set up on my phone. I normally have my workout music, driving music, just my favorites, but since I got my new phone I haven’t set up my official sew jams list. I’ve actually only set up my “gym” and “favorites” lists! I’ve mentioned before that I can’t just do something in quiet, and that I need sounds going on, which is why I have so many playlists.
My workout music is made up of songs that really get me pumped, they probably have a high beats per minutes, and they are the songs that’ll help you power through a workout. I’ve got some Ke$ha, The Black Keys, Lady GaGa, Goldfrapp, and Swizz Beatz just to name a few. My favorites are songs that typically have some special meaning for some reason or another to me. These are songs that have some strong emotional ties and just put me in a great mindset. This has everything from Taylor Swift and Sublime to David Bowie and Hall & Oates.
The music I like to have in my Sew Jams are music that makes me happy, because sometimes when you’re sewing you get frustrated, and happy music will make it not seem so bad. While my favorites often are songs that make me happy, sometimes they’re not songs that make me happy, they just hit me right in the feels. Changes by Charles Bradley does not make me happy, I get a full on case of feels every time I hear it! However, Millennium by Robbie Williams, YES!
So I decided to take the time to set up my official Sew Jams playlist and here’s what I’ve got so far!
- Alicia Keys – Empire State of Mind
- Lana Del Rey – American
- Lana Del Rey – Lolita
- The Black Keys – Howlin’ for You
- Third Eye Blind – Never Let you Go
- Erasure – Always
- 311 – Amber
- Jamiroquai – Canned Heat
- Ke$ha – C’mon
- Vampire Weekend – Bryn
- The Goo Goo Dolls – Broadway
- Robbie Williams – Millennium
- The Goo Goo Dolls – Here is gone
- Vampire Weekend – Campus
- Vampire Weekend – Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
- Iggy Azalea/TI – Change your Life
- Ne-Yo – Closer
- The Prodigy – Colours
- The Rising – Cradle
- Soulja Boy Tell ’em – Crank That (Soulja Boy)
- The Bird and The Bee – Diamond Dave
- Skeeter Davis – The End of the World
- Drake / Kanye West/ Lil Wayne/ Eminem – Forever
- Beyonce – Formation
- Lana Del Rey – Freak
- The Stranglers – Golden Brown
- Leonard Cohen – Hallelujah
- Kanye West/ Jay Z – HAM
- Iggy Azalea/ Ellie Goulding – Heavy Crown
- The Bloodhound Gang – Hell Yeah
- Jay Z/ Justin Timberlake – Holy Grail
This is just the start of my list, I’ll do an update later once I get the full list going, which, it’s always going to be growing! Do you have a sew jams list? Let me know! Until next time, happy sewing!